04 August 2011

QJ 3x3x2 Super Square-1

Hello, all.

So, I've just posted my second video to YouTube, the first real one about the actual topic of the channel. In it, I review the titular puzzle, also referred to as a 2-layer Super Square-1.



I think the video is pretty decent. The video quality of my camera leaves much to be desired. It's just very grainy, and is really low res. It also seems to not be able to handle movement very well. But, it's what I've got for now. I think next time I'll see if there's any way that I can manipulate the video quality post-recording to improve it. I also wondered if the file-type I converted it into could perhaps be the culprit (because YT wouldn't let me upload an iMovie project file directly). If you can offer any suggestions, let me know? I've also thought about possibly trying to make a rig that could hold my iPhone and that would attach to my tripod, because my iPhone seems to take pretty good pictures and videos. I'll have to see. Regardless, until then I'm stuck with my Nikon CoolPix camera, so it'll have to do. Hopefully I can work on the quality of the video content enough that the less than perfect video quality will be made up for. The last thing I'll say about that is that I do realize that I need to work on the camera angle; there are a few times where the cube slips a little too much off-screen, and in general it's too close of a viewing angle because there's barely enough room for the cube as is.

Other than that, I feel like I tackled it well. I talked about the quality of the puzzle, the quality of the stickers, and gave a basic bit of information on how solving it compares to other cubes in the Square-1 family. I will be posting another video later (but perhaps not later today) that will be an actual tutorial on how to solve it. It very well may be tomorrow, though, because I'm off of work and my girlfriend is busy all day. We'll see.

But that's that for now. If, after watching the video, you have any comments or suggestions for me, especially one's I've not already identified, or alternate ideas about what I've already identified, you can leave them as comments here or on the video.

And, as always, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment